Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tearful Goodbye

So Alana will probably chuckle when she reads this, but this morning Grandma and Grandpa Gus came to get Natalie to take her to the cabin for the night. And when I put her in the van, she cried pretty hard, which made me cry too. I know someday watching grandparents take my children for the night will give me a sigh of relief, but I'm not there yet. Joey and I are going to get some work done today (writing finals!) and then head into St. Paul for a belated anniversary night out. We'll head to the cabin tomorrow to extend our mini vaca. We haven't been up there since early November, so it should be nice and relaxing.

1 comment:

Alana said...

chuckle I won't....it's never easy to say good-bye to your kids, no matter how happy they are, no matter whom they're with, no matter how many times you've done it...and I say this even as I'm considering boarding school as an option for kindergarten :)
hope you were able to "let go" and relax a bit, enjoy your time with your hubby and extended winter vaca in the cabin next to a cozy fire... :)