Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Down and out

Well, it only took her 8 weeks -- our little princess already has a cold. She started getting really fussy on Saturday and by Monday night she was all sniffly and sneezy and coughing. She doesn't have a fever, so that's a good sign that it isn't getting to be something more than a cold, which often can happen with a baby this young. We're doing all we can to suck the snot out of her nose and keep her comfortable, and grandma Lee is doing her part during the day. I'm sure she's bummed that her week with Natalie is marred by sickness. It's hard to watch her struggle and try to get comfortable. She's really only comfortable if held lately. Poor little thing.

3 comments:

Alana said...

Speaking from more experience that I would like to have had, I can say that there's nothing worse than a sick kid...wishing Natalie a quick, full recovery...and her parents the rest and patience needed to muck through a baby cold! We love you!

Lee said...

I had such a nice day with our little girl on Monday. She really liked her "pretty in pink" chair, especially the flower with the mirror on the back (of course, Natalie Grace Gustafson is the "fairest of them all"). Since then, it has been really hard to see her so uncomfortable. I am just really glad that I am able to be here for "sweetness," her mommy, and her daddy (I love you all). Hopefully, she will be better soon!

Amber said...

oh no! I hope she has a speedy recovery! And....did she do this to test Grandma, and is going to be good for Daddy next week? Little devil!