Saturday, February 9, 2008

On the mend

I think our little princess is finally defeating the beast of snot that has been tackling her all week. When I fed her at 6 this morning, there was no snot to be seen and her breathing sounded great! Not even a sneeze! And it's now 10:30 and she's still sleeping soundly, no struggling to breathe past the snot! YEAH!
It was a hard week. It's really hard to watch her struggle, and when she has a coughing fit, it breaks your heart. We actually went to Urgent Care on Wednesday night -- didn't' need to it turns out -- but when I took her temp that night it was 99.5. So being the new mom and all, I had to have her checked out. By the time we got to Urgent Care, her temp had gone down. She was miserable, coughing to the point of spitting up, and her little eyes were all red and irritated looking. She looked like a cartoon character who has a cold, the red eyes, the red tip of her nose. She wouldn't sleep unless she was held or rocked in her carseat, so mommy spent almost 5 hours in the living room that night half sleeping, half rocking. Then daddy did the same later in the morning before he went to work.
But fingers crossed I think she's turned the corner!

2 comments:

Amber said...

yay! I am glad to hear that she is on the mend! Just in time for Daddy!

Alana said...

Emilia says, "Natalie, I'm happy that you're feeling better and I am so glad that you're feeling better. Natalie, I love you. If you have anything else to say when you're bigger, you can ask your mommy to write on the computer just like me. I am 4 years old."