Saturday, February 2, 2008

Getting Her "Phil"

"This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather."

* * *

Just had to start things out with the immortal words of Phil Connors (Bill Murray) from the timeless (and vastly underrated) cinematic experience we all know as "Groundhog Day."

That's right, it's February 2nd. Reports from Punxsutawney are that Phil did in fact see his shadow, thus eliminating hopes for an early spring. I'm not sure that Natalie Grace is blessed with clairvoyance when it comes to seasonal change, so let's not read into her high-maintenance morning today -- it's probably little more than an indication she is passing gas.

If you haven't figured it out yet, this is Father Joe reporting from home. Mom and her pal Rachel are spending this Saturday morning out and about, which allows me some one-on-one time with baby.

Natalie is getting cuter by the day, and had a great time with the Gustafson ladies this past week (mostly Grandma Linda); she even attended cousin Emilia's fourth birthday party! Natalie also is eager to hang out with Grandma Lee this week in Bloomington, which no doubt will be a blast. After that, it's four weeks with Dad, who can't wait!

Though the verbal form will take a while, Natalie is able to communicate with me quite well -- it's all in the eyes. She just told me that she loves the Patriots on Sunday, so I'd suggest laying the 12 points. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but she never has picked the Super Bowl incorrectly.

I need to give a "shout out" to Grandma Lee and Grandpa Kent, who helped us out last minute on Friday -- chilling with Natalie for a while so Sarah and Rachel could grab dinner while I took in my first T-wolves game in about four years -- THANKS GUYS!

Looks like it's bottle time, so I better sign off. Remember to count your blessings this Groundhog Day, and have an awesome weekend.

No comments: