Sunday, March 16, 2008

Showing off


Natalie had a great week at daycare. Every day, both dropping her off and picking her up, Katie and Kari -- her providers -- raved about how good of a baby she is. By Friday when I dropped her off, all the kids were eagerly awaiting her arrival and were lined up at the door when I was walking up. The bad news is she got mommy's cold. I think we keep trading colds. She had it first, then I got it, and now she has it back. I don't think she'll have to call in for a sub and take a sick day like mom did last week, but she's struggling to keep her nose clean. She hates the suction nose sucker, so she's trying to sneeze it out all on her own.
Kate watched Natalie last night so Joe and I could hit the town. And hit the town we did! Kate fronted us some dinner money so we ventured to The Oceanaire Seafood Room downtown. Man alive that place is awesome! I had jumbo scallops and Joey had marlin. It was fun to pretend we have money. Then we went to Triple Espresso -- very funny! I highly recommend it, they're closing in April so get in and see it. It's funny. Kate had a blast with Natalie, it was the first time she got to spend time with her for more than a few minutes at a time and Natalie was snuggly and cute the whole time we've heard. Gene and Ev stopped by to rave over Natalie too. She has many fans!
Hopefully Natalie can get over this cold quickly and get back to her smiley, cooing self. OH I almost forgot! She LAUGHED on Friday. Neither of us have heard her laugh yet, and I was swinging her around in her chair and she started to laugh! It was so cute! I jumped on the phone and called grandpa and grandma really quick and I think grandpa Kent heard it, but she was busy eating her fist by the time grandma got on the phone. Once that starts, it's hard to distract her from it.
Alright, enough of proud mommy rambling ... Later.

1 comment:

Alana said...

From Emilia:
Natalie-bo-Batalie...I'd like to see you soon. My big Barbie says, "I'd like to see you soon, too."